"Recent open heart surgery"

About: City Hospital campus

I was recently admitted to the City hospital Cardiology department for aortic valve replacement surgery. I stayed on Papplewick ward for 1 week, and then was moved onto Morris ward for pre and post-op care. The nursing staff on both wards made me feel comfortable and at ease throughout my stay, and were always cheerful and friendly. The doctors kept me well informed regarding my procedure. The food was enjoyable, with a good selection on offer. The only complaint was having to listen to moaning patients on the ward and having to watch the nurses run around after them - but they still managed to keep a smile on their faces! The biggest regret was having to be discharged and leaving some lovely people behind.

Response from City Hospital campus

What lovely feedback. Thank you. It’s great to hear that you felt safe and confident when in our care and that you were kept fully-informed and involved in your treatment. We’re proud of the strong record we have at City Hospital when it comes to providing excellent food for patients and staff. We will ensure your kind words are shared with the colleagues you have mentioned in our Cardiology Department. Wishing you a speedy recovery.