"Admitted as emergency for micro-discectomy"

About: Royal Hallamshire Hospital

Absolutely brilliant treatment from start to finish - and that included a very full explanation of the benefits and detractions of surgery so that I could clearly give informed consent. Nursing staff on Q3 worked as a team and appeared to get job satisfaction. They were also extremely patient with a difficult and disruptive patient. Even small kindnesses are appreciated when one is in a very vulnerable situation as I was when waiting for some considerable time in the anti-room to the operating theatre (unavoidable as I heard afterwards). The nurse on duty wondered if I was bored and brought his newspaper over for me, thanks, it was a much appreciated gesture. After the failures at Mid Staffs. hospitals, I cannot imagine anything so different.

Regards and grateful thanks, Clive tattley.

Response from Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Mr Tattley

Thank you for your kind words about your treatment on Q3. The staff strive to provide high quality care and it is always nice for them to hear when this has been achieved. I will ensure they are aware of your feedback.

Thank you again for taking the time and I hope you continue to make a good recovery from your treatment.

Response from Royal Hallamshire Hospital

Dear Mr Tattley