"Stroke Unit excellent"

About: Essex County Hospital

I was admitted to the stroke unit 2 days before Christmas having suffered a small stroke.I cannot praise or speak highly enough about the staff on the unit or the excellent care I received. Nothing was too much trouble & the staff treated all the patients with the same excellent attention. I was extremely frightened & found the support from the staff very reassuring. This was not just from the nurses but the physio & occupational health staff as well. I was put onto the Early Discharge Plan & the care continued once I was home & I have made excellent progress.

Response from Paul Searle, Head of Communications, Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust

Response from Essex County Hospital

Many thanks for your comments and taking the time to submit them. We try really hard to improve our services based on the comments we receive. We have a quarterly At Our Best Awards scheme which recognises staff achievements and thanks them for what they do. It has a team category, an individual and a volunteer category. You could enter the team/the person you were kind enough to write in about, by clicking here! http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/At_Our_Best_Awards