"A Volunteers Story: Buddhist Centre Nottingham"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

Sent on behalf of the service user:

Working with people who have kindness, understanding and respect has been very helpful.

Mary my OT was a person who I could connect with, who visited my home and I was able to contact whenever I needed to. She helped me to think about my interests and my options for the future and ambitions. She referred me to the Social Inclusion and Wellbeing Team and I met with OT Rachel and my volunteer co-ordinator, who are amazing people and have a lot of experience.

It is important to look at a person fully, where they have been in the past, what they have been through, what they want in the present and what are their hopes and abilities for the future.

I like to help and be useful and the Social Inclusion Team helped me to work part-time voluntarily at the Buddhist Centre. I have some catering experience in the past and it is good to do something positive.

Thank you for your posting which I read with great interest. The social inclusion and well-being service will reply to you more fully soon.

It's really good to hear that the service was so helpful to you in planning for the future. I wish you every success in the future.

Response from Sangita Dhawan, Co-ordinator Community Volunteering, Social Inclusion & Wellbeing Service, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. we hope that you continue to build upon your positive experience and enjoy your volunteering at the buddhist centre. we wish you all the best.

Julie Swann(team leader) sangita Dhawan(co-ordinator community volunteering)