"Excelent treatment on a very busy day"

About: Leighton Hospital

I was sent to Leighton A & E by my optician with a sight problem. I was met warmly and following a quick chat with the Nursee on reception, I was seen by a doctor within 15 minutes.

He referred me immediately to the eye care clinic who phoned me within 30 minutes to confirm an appointment 2 hours later. I then underwent extensive examinations and treatments and was kept fully informed of all stages to be done. I finally left after 4 hours. At all time I was treated with respect, care and concern, the staff always had time to have a friendly word despite the department being absolutely packed with patients.

I experienced exemplary levels of care at what was obviously a high activity time for the department.

Thank you all at A &E and particularly the Eye Care Clinic for making a traumatic and sometimes painful experience so easy to manage.

Response from Leighton Hospital

We are pleased to hear that you were very happy with your visit to the Eye Care Centre and that you were kept informed throughout your clinic attendance. We will make sure that your feedback is relayed to both the nursing and medical staff involved in our Ophthalmic Emergency Clinics. They will be delighted to hear your positive feedback. We do hope that your vision problem is resolving. Please do not hesitate to make contact again should you experience any further problems. Delyth Owen, Matron.