"AAA"

About: Freeman Hospital

Having had an AAA repair on 5th Feb 2013, I can say the quality of care was first rate. I was treated with respect and dignity at all times. The doctors were fantastic especially the consultant. I am now on the road to recovery thanks to the dedication of all concerned.

The only let down in my opinion was the food, which was tasteless.

Response from Freeman Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on NHS Choices. We are very glad that you were happy with the care delivered by the Vascular Surgical team. The Trust strives to deliver the highest standard of care and patient experience at all times. We are very pleased to note that you felt you were treated with dignity and respect and will pass this on to all staff concerned.

It is however, disappointing to note that you were unhappy with the food provided during your stay. Our catering department work hard to continually review and improve our menus. We do encourage patients to raise any issues or dietary requirements with staff at the time of their stay, and we are sorry if this wasn’t explained to you at the time. This would help the staff in the catering department to do all that they could to meet your needs and provide the food that you require.

We wish you well with your continued recovery.