"Don't expect good nursing here"

About: Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital

On the stoke ward - Shocking, uncaring nursing staff. Ward not clean. Very poor communication from both doctors and nurses. Poor communication between staff. Staff pulling faces at both patients and family members when asked a question or to complete a small task for the patient. Unwilling to help patients with feeding them when they are so unwell they do not understand and have no appetite. If family do not go in the patient could easily starve. No stimulation, no reading materials, no TV, No activities, No music, no flowers. It's Gods Waiting Room!!!!!

I have nothing good to say about the Fordwitch ward

The service that is provided to older people who have been through a world war and suffered greatly are being mistreated and insulted by the lack of care and dignity they are afforded.

Thank you for proving us with feedback about Fordwich ward, and I am sorry that you were unhappy about your experience. If you would like to talk to me in more detail then please do contact me on Julie.pearce1@nhs.net

We are always interested in feedback in order to raise concerns with staff. We expect the Matron and Hospital site manager to regularly check the cleanliness of all our ward environments alongside the ward manager. I will feedback your concerns regardingly cleanliness and will ask for more frequent monitoring.