"they did nothing"

About: Southampton General Hospital

I was in a&e yesterday because a hig pain of my abdomen. The nurse was really nice but the doctor was a complete incompetent, first of all she said to me that I can't go to emergency without taking painkillers on my own, being that I didn't know what I had I think that this is the worst advice ever. They gave me 4 painkillers without knowing what I had. After the results of my blood and urine tests they said that egerything wasnok and that I was ready to go home. They ask me if I was better, my answer was no, I was worst, they said that I could stay there until I felt better but I decide to go home, because they did nothing for me. Today I went to my gp and he said that I have an infecction in my abdomen and he couldn't belive that in the hospital they didn't do anything, even ask me if I have or no apendix.

This was my second visit to the a&e, in my first one I went because I felt over the stairs, I was complaining about a lot of pain in my foot, they said that I had nothing, I went back aftera week because the pain was horrible, then they decided to take a look to my ankle and they found yhat I had one broken bone.

I wil not go there again.

Response from Southampton General Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are really sorry to hear of your experience and disappointed to hear you didn't get a good service. It is difficult to comment on specific medical advice based on what you have said. If after attendance at A&E you still have symptoms, it is appropriate to either visit your GP or return to A&E for advice, which we are pleased to see you did.