"Excellent treatment and a solution that saved al"

About: Freeman Hospital

Over the years I have had to spend a lot of time in hospital to receive IV antibiotics.

This was my first stay in the Freeman Ward 29 I was taught how to administer the IV and Inhaled antibiotics and was able to return home in 3 days although my IV treatment was for 14 days. The tuition for the treatment was thorough and well explained.

I was treated like an adult allowed to self adminster the drugs I take as a matter of course at home. The staff were very efficient and explained what was wrong and how my treatment would work. I was diagnosed quickly and efficiently and received hospital addmission with in a week.

Having experienced substandard hospital treatment in the past this renewed my faith in the NHS

Response from Freeman Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on NHS Choices regarding your care on ward 29. We are very grateful for the positive comments that you have made about the team on ward 29 and that you were so pleased with the care that we delivered.

The service is proud to be able to meet the needs of the most complex respiratory patients and ensure that the care is tailored to their individual needs. The staff try hard to ensure that patients are afforded the highest standards of care during what can be an extremely anxious time for them. Your kind comments will be passed on to the team.