"The cardiac nurse has been a lifeline for us"

About: Dewsbury & District Hospital / Cardiology Locala Community Partnerships CIC / District nursing Locala Community Partnerships CIC / Heart failure team

After receiving a letter from the Cardiac Team at Pinderfields Hospital, Wakefield, the local Locala Cardiology Team Leader, based at Dewsbury Health Centre, got in touch and has made several home visits.

She has been constructive in arranging extra visits to the Doctor, and discussing with the Dr the best medication for control of my worsening symptoms. She has also talked me through the Bypass operation which I have now found out is what I will be having. She has answered all questions and has put me at ease. She is only a phone call away if need be.

Nothing has been too much trouble for her and she is a credit to her profession and has been a lifeline for me and my wife.

Response from Gemma Fowler, Integrated Governance Clinical Manager, Locala Community Partnerships

Dear RobertVan. Many thanks for taking the time to post these comments which have been passed on to Brenda Devey, Service Manager. She says

"Thank you for taking the time to express your thanks for the care you have received from Caroline your Cardiac Rehabilitation Nurse.

Caroline is a passionate member of the team and she is proud to receive such acknowledgement. The Cardiac Rehabilitation Team provide support to both patients and families through worrying times. I am very pleased to hear that you feel Caroline has been a lifeline to both yourself and your wife.

Response from Dewsbury & District Hospital

We appreciate these positive comments and would thank you for taking the time to post on the site.