"I had a knee replacement and care on b7 was excellent "

About: Peterborough City Hospital / General surgery

My care I received on B7 was excellent, although the nurses and healthcare assistants were busy, they always had time to care. My only issue would be that we were asked to arrive at 0700, and I did not go to theatre until 3pm. We sat in a pre-admission large room with the other patients. called the gym. no TV, no distraction and then they wondered why my blood pressure was high.

Response from Lesley Crosby, Deputy Chief Nurse, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust We are preparing to make a change

Thank you for taking the time to feedback to us. It is always pleasing for our staff to hear that patients have been happy with the care and treatment they have received as staff always strive to ensure they provide good quality care. I will ensure your comments are passed on.

In respect of your comments about being kept waiting in a room without a television or any other means of distraction I can fully appreciate how this may have caused you increased anxiety. I will ensure that your comments are passed onto the Matron for that area to see if we can obtain a television or radio and maybe some reading material that patients who are kept waiting can use.

Once again thank you for your feedback.