About: North Devon District Hospital

I recently had a small operation, the pre op, meeting my consultant and the day of the op was made as comfortable as I could be. Everything was made clear to me and everyone I spoke to was very polite. The hospital was amazingly clean and well kept compared to some I have been in as well.

I've had the misfortune of being in hospital a fair few times and a few hospital's in Hampshire could learn a lot from how barnstaple hospital is run and how they care for all patients.

Dear Anonymous

Thank you for posting your very positive comments. Its great to see that everything was explained to you clearly during your operation and that staff were polite - as we all know good effective communication is key to ensuring the patient is fully involved at all stages of their treatment, and it can make all the difference to the overall experience.

Its always useful to hear feedback from a patient who has been a patient in a hospital elsewhere, and I am very pleased to see you found our hospital clean and efficient by means of comparison.

I have passed your very positive comments on to the Facilities Manager, whom I know will be especially pleased.

Many thanks