"Excellant service"

I visited this department on 31/10/12 and had to be taken in by the London Ambulance service.

I was thoroughly examined, 5 attempts at taking an ECG as person taking ECG not happy with the 1st 4 traces.

The A&E Dr had blood samples taken, blood pressure and chest x-ray, these were looked at by the Dr and requested another ECG after which she diagnosed a fainting fit.

The tests didn't appear to show anything of concern but the Dr did diagnosed me as having a fainting fit.

I did receive an appointment letter after being seen and sent home from the A&E department, this was to see a cardiologist consultant for a follow up in 11 weeks after the 31/10/12.

Before this appointment I had my blood pressure taken, my BMI and weight as well as another ECG carried out.

I was in with the consultant for about 20 minutes he listened to my heart and chest and agreed with the diagnosis of the A&E Dr.

He said it could be a one off but did send me away saying I should have a long life.

"I had a fair crack at the whip"

I have recently received a letter from the Cardiologist consultant which was also sent to my GP advising my GP what he and I had discussed during my consultation, and I am very happy with the service, all round excellent service.

Response from Queen Elizabeth Hospital Woolwich

Thank you for your comments - I am glad that you had such a good experience at our A&E and in the cardiology department.