"Support for the NHS."

About: Royal Hallamshire Hospital

I and my family are eternally grateful that the Royal Hallamshire was able to provide the expertise and skill needed to operate and remove my brain tumour that could possibly have ended my life.

The skill of the surgeon on performing endoscopic surgery to remove the tumour and the care I received from the nursing staff was second to none.

I congratulate the Critical Care Unit and Q ward at the Royal Hallamshire on providing excellent nursing care even though they appeared to be understaffed. I have never seen nurses work so hard. They never seemed to stop.

My only complaint was the manner in which I was discharged - no nurse to accompany me or my husband to the exit which meant we had to find our own wheelchair to take me downstairs as I was a little shaky on my legs.

The NHS has once again proved that it is a wonderful organisation which we should support at all costs.

Response from Jane Fenelon, Senior Patient Partnership Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Mrs McNamee

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your kind and appreciated words about the staff and services you recently recived for your brain tumour. However, I am sorry that you were left to make your own way on discharge and will feed this back to the service.

I hope you continue to make a good recovery following your surgery.

Response from Royal Hallamshire Hospital

Dear Mrs McNamee

I hope you continue to make a good recovery following your surgery.