"Emergency appendix operation"

About: Barnsley Hospital

I went to my gp with very bad stomach pains Tuesday midday and by 9 that night I was going in for a operation on my appendix. They said they were very bad and potentially life threatening. Everyone from the gp, ambulance staff. Hospital staff to the cleaner were brilliant while I was up there. The hospital ward(29) was very clean and tidy which was a credit to the cleaner on the ward. The nurses were extremely helpful and always on hand if I needed them. I have nothing but good words to say about my experience which was my first ever in a hospital

Response from Jill Pell, Head of Patient Experience, Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Lee - thank you so much for taking the time to give this valuable feedback on treatment at care at Barnsley Hospital - our staff will be delighted to hear the kind comments you have made and we will share them as widely as possible.

If you would like more information about opportunities for patient involvement at Barnsley Hospital, please contact our PALS team on 01226 432430 or email: barnsleypals@nhs.net.

Response from Barnsley Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on NHS Choices and we are delighted to hear of your positive experience.

Best wishes