"Childrens A&E"

About: Royal Stoke University Hospital

After taking my son to A&E after he bit through his tongue the young female doctor was ignorant to my concerns and had no interest in what I had to say. She seemed more bothered about questioning me about any other accidents he'd had and quizzing me about where my other child was whilst I was at the hospital with my son. Also when she arranged the follow up appointment she failed to tell me that I had to go to the reception to make further arrangements even though I asked her if I need to do anything else before I leave. When I got home I realised that there was no time written on the card she had given to me. I then had to start making phone calls to sort out the follow up appointment which nobody seemed to know about.

Response from University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust

Thank you very much for posting this story. Firstly, may I apologise for the experience you had. I will discuss the concerns you have raised with the staff involved.

The staff in the children’s emergency department work really hard to try and improve patient experience and we will use this feedback to do so even further.

Kevin Parker