"emergency treatment"

About: South Tyneside District Hospital

Upon entering the emergency centre I was greeted by friendly staff wiling resolve my reason for being there.

A doctor attended to me and following several tests I was told that an overnight stay was necessary

On admission to the EAU I was met by a friendly nurse who firstly provided me with food and drink as I had not eaten for several hours, helped my into provided pyjama tops, as I was by then attached to a bag of saline solution. Another nurse took time to complete paperwork and then I was left to try and sleep , which I managed to for e few hours.

Next day began with breakfast, served efficiently, a visit by a consultant and colleagues and following more blood tests which appeared to be satisfactory and lunch I was supplied with medication and allowed to return home.

Since my reason for being there was because I was feeling unwell, the first class treatment and attention received could in no way be faulted for which i will always be grateful.

Incidentally my health has greatly improved as a result of the treatment

Response from South Tyneside District Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent experience of our services on the NHS Choices Website. I am delighted your experience was a very positive one and will pass your remarks on the staff. I wish you every good health for the future.

Lorraine B Lambert