"ent poor administration"

About: Royal Bolton Hospital

On numerous occassions during 2 years of my on going treatment I have had to correct staff for misdiagnosis, failure to read notes correctly or reading notes out of date. Now they have failed to follow up on an operation with no appointment to see me to check my wound has healed correctly and without infection or to give me results from the histology of the item removed during my operation. Despite me having a specific conversation with a consultant about dropping out of the system.I have been having regular approx 3 monthly cameras in my throat for a benign tumor. Now I have no appointment despite still having the problem.As a patient I should not have to remind the hospital to contact me. I have lost faith with the hospital staff and systems and will be requesting a change to another hospital.

Response from Royal Bolton Hospital

I am very sorry to hear this. It is clear from your comments that there are several areas of concern relating to the care you have received from the ENT department. I would like the opportunity to fully investigate these and book a follow up appointment for you.

Please contact me, Vicky Welsby , Matron ENT via switchboard tel 01204 390390