"Excellent Staff at A&E"

About: Northern General Hospital

Visited the A&E department at 11pm on a Friday evening falling and injuring my wrist . My experience could not have been more positive.

I've not visited an A&E department for as long as I can remember, so all I had to go off was horror stories of waiting for hours to be met by unfriendly, uninterested staff. This was not the case at Northern General.

I was seen shortly after arriving by the nurse who assessed my situation and referred me to be seen by a doctor, whom I got to see equally quickly.

The doctor was friendly, enthusiastic and very chipper for a Friday at nearly midnight. Above all else, I was taken aback by how interested she seemed by a simple wrist injury. Good bedside manner goes a long way.

A couple of x-rays later, revealing nothing was broken, and I was out of there, blown away by how effortless the whole process was!

Response from Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Tom

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your recent visit to our A&E department.

It is always nice for staff, who strive to provide a high quality service, to receive such kind words and I will ensure these are passed on to them.

Response from Northern General Hospital

Dear Tom