"Contacted by TRAC in less than 24 hours"

About: Tamar Referral & Appointments Centre

I am a transplant patient, under the care of Harefield Hospital, Derriford Chest Clinic and Friary House Surgery in Plymouth. I am 4.5 years post transplant (lungs).

I saw the doctor at Friary House about a spot which would not heal (2 months), the Dr checked it and said he would refer me to dermatology, I would be contacted by TRAC in 7 days. The next day (less the 24 hours after my appointment) I was contacted by a nice lady from TRAC and an appointment arranged at my local Mount Gould Hospital for January 2013.

I think this service from my doctor and TRAC was excellent and I hope for the same level of service at my appointment. Thank you.

Response from Gemma Smith, Tamar Referral & Appointments Centre (TRAC)

Dear ‘Jump635’,

Thank you for your comments about the TRAC service, I am pleased you felt the TRAC service was excellent and your referral was dealt with so quickly. It sounds as though your referral was an urgent one and in need of a sooner appointment. For referrals which are considered to be urgent the TRAC team contract the patient within 24 hours of the referral being made by the GP. I hope the remainder of your care was just as quick and responsive.

Bets wishes