"Coronary and respiratory care"

About: North Devon District Hospital

I find that the doctors bar one on this ward are extremely insufferably patronizing and do nothing but talk down to you. They are not willing to listen to the patient, even though we have a far better understanding of our condition and in many cases have been dealing with it for years under different hospitals very efficiently, they insist they are right and know best and carried on regardless with their treatment and in doing so have made the condition far worse. I for one would rather travel to Plymouth or Exeter to be treated rather than be treated at the NDDH again.

Dear Anonymous

I am very sorry I havent responded earlier to your posting. Having read your comments I am very concerned about the attitude of the doctors you have encountered on the ward, and am dissapointed that you would rather make a long journey to visit another hospital, than have treatment here at NDDH.

I would welcome the chance to look into this in more detail, and would ask you to contact the PALS ( Patient Advice and Liason department) on Level 2 at NDDH 01271 314090 as without more information I am unable to look into your concerns in more detail.