"Ward L21"

About: Leeds General Infirmary

9 day stay altogether, Friday to Monday did not see a Dr at all, despite very high Mews scores protocol dictates Obs increase to 2 hourly and dr informed and review. In fact, My obs were only done once a day, meds were very late, antibiotic doses were missed altogether. Iv Infusions were diluted and run incorrectly (I am a Qualified nurse by the way!). Upon my discharge, I was told the bed was needed and to leave. No medication, or paperwork was ready and I was to collect next day. two days later, they were unaware I had been discharged> still no paperwork, no drugs, no fax to my GP. the rushed paperwork I was produced with was factually incorrect and has resulted in drug errors reported to my GP. In all honesty, staffing levels were appalling, but the staff that were on seemed to be a mixed bunch. Some really obviously cared, whilst others...well they couldn't care less. Unless absolutely at deaths door, stay at home. There was little care provided, and at home you are in charge of your own medication to ensure that it arrives on time.

Response from Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Anonymous

Thank you for giving us your feedback on your experiences as a patient in ward L21.

We are sorry that you feel the care you received and the attitude of some of the staff was of a poor quality. We always strive to offer everyone a high quality experience and take it very seriously when we get it wrong.

If you would like to discuss the issues in person, and confidentially, you can contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (P.A.L.S) on 0113 2067168 or email patient.relations@leedsth.nhs.uk If you would like to make a more formal comment, please contact the PALS team also.

Thank you once again for posting your comments.