"Patient Care"

About: Peterborough City Hospital

I recently stayed at the hospital overnight for observation following extreme pains in my chest. The service I received was above reproach insofaras the quality of the nursing afforded to me. The nursing and other related staff, in all departments, were excellent offering a very professional and sympathetic service. I was impressed with the quality and number of tests etc that were carried out in such a short time.

The quick response to my call through NHS Direct was impressive as was the quality and professionalism displayed by the paramedics. The staff at A&E and the holding ward were equally as good. Although I hesitate in detracting from my positive comments I was very surprised that I was not tested for MRS until the following day.

I would be grateful if you would ensure that all staff in the relevant departments are informed of the above and thanked on my behalf.

Response from Lesley Crosby, Deputy Chief Nurse, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to feedback to us. It is always pleasing for our staff to hear that patients have been happy with the care and treatment they have received as staff always strive to ensure they provide good quality care. I will ensure your comments are passed on.

I hope that you are now feeling better and once again thank you for taking the time to feedback to us

Response from Peterborough City Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to make these positive comments about your experience at Peterborough City Hospital, we will ensure they are passed on to the relevant staff and department.

The Trust takes all comments from patients and visitors seriously and strive to ensure that we use them to continuously improve patient experiences.