"Operation January 2013"

About: Stafford Hospital

I can not comment on the history of Stafford Hopsital since I have only moved to the area recently. I had an operation in late January 2013 and everyone, Consultants, Doctors, Nurses and Care Assistants were brillant. The only issue was that there were not enough Doctors/Nurses available during admissions and particulary discharge, which did take up to 4 hours for some people. There was also and issue with contacting people to cancel operations due to another ward having to close due to D&V. Both management issues. The operation and personal care afterward was everything I hoped it would be. Without drama and with dignity.

I would 'happily' go there again.

Response from Head of Patient Experience, Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust

Dear "AndySpandy"

Thank you for taking the time to show your support for our hospital. It is very appreciated and I am delighted you had a positive experience while in our care. We are experiencing unusually difficult management issues at the moment due to the Norovirus winter vomiting bug and are working hard to remedy this.

Kind Regards