"Dedicated nurse in over-running clinic"

About: East Surrey Hospital / Urology

There was a very long delay in Dr. Money-Kyrle's clinic yesterday due to nobody's fault but a series of events.

The nurse in charge of the patients was so helpful, friendly, apologetic, cheerful and sympathetic although it was not her fault. She was getting drinks for any of the patients who were waiting as the machine had broken down and generally was a a real asset and good advert for hospital staff.

I do not know her name but you will know who was on duty during that clinic yesterday afternoon.

We left the hospital at 6pm and she was still there working, probably without overtime!

Response from Susan Aitkenhead, Chief Nurse, Executive Team, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Number10

Thank you very much for your positive feedback about one of our nurses - I will make sure that she receives your thanks. All our nurses work very hard so to receive such a nice message will certainly make her day. I am sorry that the clinic was delayed but thank you for taking the time to let us know how much better the nurse made it.

Best Wishes