"referral service a vast improvement"

About: Alliance Medical Tamar Referral & Appointments Centre

At a consultation with my doctor on 8th December, he advised me that he would be requesting two appointments fro me at the hospital.

I was contacted on the 17th and one appointment was made. The process went very well, indeed I cannot imagine how it might be improved. By contrast with the system years ago, I can only complement whoever is responsible for the vast improvement that it represents. I am, however, because of the potential mature of the the problem involved, dissipointed that I cannot be seen until february.

Also on the 17th I was advised that I would be contacted within the next two weeks by alliance medical regarding my second appointment. This did not happen, through the problem, a potentially trapped nerve, I view with less urgency

Response from Gemma Smith, Tamar Referral & Appointments Centre (TRAC)

Dear ‘Piper712’,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience of using the TRAC service, I am pleased it was a fairly positive one. I am glad the process went very well for you although the appointment you booked was later than you would have expected.

With regards to your second appointment, with a few more details I would be more than happy to check on this for you. If you would like to contact me I am available on 01626 883712 from Monday to Friday from 9am until 5pm. Alternatively you can also email me at cab.helpdesk@nhs.net.

Gemma Tremlett