"Review on behalf on mother in law"

About: City Hospital campus

I have also thought and still do the City hospital is one of the best and had worked there for a number of years. My mother in law was referred for a procedure, she was suffering from secondary cancer and very ill. She had a very long wait to be taken home and asked a nurse how much longer it would be as she was unwell and wanted to get home... the nurse replied well your getting your treatment free are you not and just walked away, not the kind of response I feel was justified and not what you would expect from the City, let's hope they are not many nurses with that attitude.

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals Trust

We endeavour to ensure that our staff values and attitudes are those of the NHS and NUH. On this occasion it seems that we fell short for which we are sorry. In order that we can look into this further might you contact me directly on 0115 9691169 ext 56694. Having details of the ward will enable me to speak to relevant colleagues directly regarding the importance of our values and behaviours.

- Stephanie Beasley-Thompson, Clinical Lead for Cancer & Associated Specialties

Response from City Hospital campus

Thank you for submitting your comment about your experience of care at Nottingham University Hospitals earlier in the year. I'm sorry to learn of your mother-in-law's illness. I'm also very sorry indeed that your experience was not a satisfactory one. The behaviour and values demonstrated by all staff is fundamental to the quality of the service we provide. The response you desribe was not all appropriate and, as a former employee, you will know that it's not acceptable. Feedback such as this is invaluable to us to enable us to continue to make improvements and I am very grateful to you for sharing your comments. Thank you Nottingham University Hospitals