"Time spent in A &E"

About: Basildon University Hospital

Having had chest pains, I was advised that I should go to A & E to have further tests. I went at 7pm on Saturday 2nd February to a clean, bright A & E and was immediately seen by a nurse. 20 minutes later, having completed a form, I was called into the inner area. The nurses explained what they were doing (blood test and canular) and then passed me to a doctor, who listened and explained the next stages. ECGs and an X ray were done, with explanations in between, and after 2 hours I was told that I could go home as there had not been a heart attack. I was referred to the chest pain clinic for an appointment about a week. The total experience was not unpleasant, the staff were faultless, and I was reassured that I could return home. The people dealing with me were Team 2 and I would like to pass on my sincere thanks for a very professional approach.

Response from Basildon University Hospital

We have noticed that a number of comments posted on the NHS Choices some time ago did not receive a posted response from the Trust, for which we offer our sincere apologies.

We would like to assure you that at the time your comments were posted they were shared with the relevant departments.

Feedback from patients and/or their relatives/carers is always welcomed (negative or positive) whether it is showing appreciation for the care and treatment received or expressing concerns or offering suggestions to improve practices at the hospital.