"Admin team have let me down"

About: Pilgrim Hospital

Saw GP at beginning of Oct got referred to Pilgrim Hospital end of Nov, Saw a consultant and referred for sigmoidoscopy. I called them on 14 Jan had a call back on 24 Jan and admitted for further tests. Only had a blood test. I was advised the scanner was broken so was advised to go home and would get a further appt with in 2 weeks. No letter arrived phoned hospital to find out when the appt would be. Finally got appt for 4th Feb While I was in hospital i was given appt by consultant but given no time, and again i have not received a follow up letter. Phoned up again on 5th Feb and they advised they had no record of this appt and time. I was offered 14 Feb and told to speak to Consultants sec, she did not have any record either. Now waiting for appt after having CT scan on 4th Feb. Waiting around for over 4 months, which is a long time.

The Medical staff have been brilliant its the admin team that has let me down.

Thank you for leaving us your feedback and I am sorry that you have had such a difficult time arranging appointments.

I think the best way to try and help you with this is if you could possibly get in touch again and we could have some more details and try and sort out for you? Could you e-mail at: jennie.negus@ulh.nhs.uk and I will do all I can to help you.

Thank you again.

Response from Pilgrim Hospital

appointments.

will do all I can to help you.

Thank you again.