About: North Manchester General Hospital

My husband was sent by ambulance by the out of hours doctor who requested that he be admitted. We waited at least half an hour in the corridor before a cubicle could be found. Eventually went to resus. The nurse who was doing obs asked "does he shake like lthis all the time?" I explained that it could take some time. She replied"When he stops shaking press that button" She was referring to the ecg machine. We could hear conversations of staff both personal and degrading talking about off duty and annual leave. Most unprofessional. We waited three hours at least to see the Dr. Sent to x ray, no porters so nurse took us Charge Nurse brought us back. At 5am we were told that we could go home, continue care at home. No concern how we would get home, a frail gentleman only in pyjamas and dressing gown. We have been in A&E many times as my husband has heart problems and cancer and this was the worst experience.

Response from North Manchester General Hospital

We are very sorry to read your comments regarding your husbands visit to the Accident and Emergency department at North Manchester General Hospital.

If you would like us to investigate your concerns, please could you contact the Patients Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0161 604 5897.