"Lack of empathy"

About: Broadgreen Hospital

I attended clinic recently with an acquaintance who normally has travelled over 15 miles on various public transport in pain & disabled to see her preferred consultant.

She saw a sign in the waiting room which seemed to state treatment could be requested at the Royal which would not be as arduous a journey. She asked the consultant if this was indeed possible as it was such a difficult journey for her. His answer - , " Well, I have to come here twice a week!"

He failed to notice her crushed, embarrassed face.

Please tell him, some people still have to use public transport, not everyone has a car & politeness costs nothing. Sarcasm is beneath this man whom I previously had respect for.

Response from Broadgreen Hospital

Thank you for your comment. We are sorry to hear that your friend didn’t have a good experience with us. We would like to find out more from your friend so we can investigate these concerns properly. If you would like to contact the Customer Relations Team, they will be able to help. You can contact them by phoning 0151 706 4903/2265, via complaints@rlbuht.nhs.uk or typetalk 18001 0151 706 4903/2265. Thank you.