"problems with access to physiotherapy"

About: Locala Community Partnerships CIC

was referred for physio due to bad back/arms and leg - I have a neuro complaint and the physio was for Non neuro! now I have been told I cannot be treated unless I agree to see neuro rehab - I feel this is completely wrong and unethical as my referral was because I have carpal tunnel, and disc degenaration and the physio asked for permission to contact my GP for dates of last boney xra! I didn't give her permission to discuss my medical history as I wasn't referred for anything other than that listed above! Surely you cannot withhold treatment because you refuse to see a specialist about a complaint that you weren't even referred for? I've been told come back to us your referral is still open once you have seen the specialist. disappointed, extremely angry and frustrated!

Response from Gemma Fowler, Integrated Governance Clinical Manager, Locala Community Partnerships

Dear jessieboo

I'm really sorry that you are disappointed with your recent experience. Without knowing the circumstances it is diffiuclt to comment. Therefore, if you would like us to investigate could you call our Enquiries Line on 01924 351531, so we can take some more details and hopefully get you some answers?