"slip on ice causes fractured hip"

About: Northampton General Hospital (Acute)

I slipped on ice approx 20-45 Friday 25th Jan, an ambulance was called & arrived quite quickly, where upon I was assessed very proffesionally & taken to A&E.

The A&E staff admitted me & re-assessed my situation. I was given pain relief & a bed in Abington ward was found.

During the night the wheels were set in motion for me to have the treatment neccessary.

On saturday morning at 10-10 I went for an opp on my hip, All went well.

My treatment & all comunication with All NGH staff was exceptional, & I was discharged on Tuesday 29th to continue my recovery etc at home.

I must also say that in my experience the hospital meals were very good & I did tick a box on my order sheet to speak to someone from that department, but was discharged before I had this opportunity. Perhaps you could relay my comments to the catering staff. Well Done!

Obviously I would have prefered not to have had this accident, but the care & attention I received from all NGH staff was second to none.

A big thankyou to everyone.

Response from Northampton General Hospital (Acute)

Geoff that's great to hear - many thanks for letting us know. Our staff will be delighted to know that you are happy with how you were treated - and that the food was good too! Best wishes for your continued recovery.