"Still Waiting"

About: Pontefract General Infirmary

I swa an ENT specialist in PGI in January last year followed up by an appointment in July. In January i was told that they would see me in 6 months and that before I came that i should use olive oil in my ears for a week before. I told them that I had been told not to use anything in my ears previously by several doctors and was asked if i would try. I went for my appointment in July and was asked why i had been putting oil in my ear. Then I wass told that i would get an appointment in in the next few weeks from audiolgy for ear moulds making for the shower and so i could go swimming and that unless i needed to see them before they would see me in January.

I rang after 2 months to audiology for an appointment and was told when i got there that they would contact the doctor first. Then after a further month or more i had to attend audiology for my hearing aids. I explained my situation and they looked on screen. They said that it would be alright to do the ear moulds and to turn my aids up as i can hardly hear anything with them. Then changed her mind because i had some wax in my ear!!

I was told to put oil in them again and to see my GP to have them syringed. I informed her that i had been told on several occasions that i should never have them syringed. I was then told that there was nothing else she could do and also she refused to turn the volume up on my aids.

It is now February and i am still waiting for my appointment to attend for january gone and still unable to hear people and still not got my ear moulds so that i can go swimming. This would be the first exercise for me in over 18 months due to other previous operations.

Response from Pontefract General Infirmary

We would be pleased to arrange for this treatment episode to be formally investigated if the patient would like to contact us directly. The email address is pals@midyorks.nhs.uk