"Day surgery at St Albans Hospital"

About: St Albans City Hospital

The nurses on the ward were absolutely lovely, very professional and caring. I was kept informed before the surgery, but was a little disappointed to find that the consultant had already left before I came round properly and therefore did not get the opportunity to discuss how the procedure had gone. I had to get a prescription from my doctor 3 days later ( it being a Friday when I was in) for something that I was told should be taken daily.

Other than this I have always been very pleased with the surgery unit having been there twice before.

Response from St Albans City Hospital

Thanks very much for taking the time to add your comments to our NHS Choices page. We're glad to hear that your experience of our Urology team was generally what you should expect from us.

On the issue of your consultant, without specific details of the circumstances at the time it is difficult to comment. However we do hope that the clinical staff left you feeling informed about the results of your procedure upon your return home, to put you at ease.

If you do have any follow-up queries, please do not hesitate to contact the team involved in your care, who will be more than happy to help.