" TRAQS seemed to prolong and muddle the experience"

About: Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS) The Princess Royal Hospital / Ophthalmology

Having been contacted by TRAQS and told I was being referred to PRH, I was disappointed to find I got lost in their system. I had to chase the appointment only to find that my referral had not reached the appropriate department. When I did phone TRAQS to find out what was happening I was given the phone number for appointments at PRH. Having phoned a number of times and left messages on PRH appointments answering system (whiched promised someone would get back to me but no one did). I had to go back to my GP surgery to enlist their help!

As a client I had no idea how long to wait before choosing the appointment, which I should not have needed to do. TRAQS seemed to prolong and muddle the experience in receiving the appointment. I found this exasperating, frustrating and time consuming. The hospital appointment in contrast was an excellent experience.

Response from Helen Handy, TRAQS & CAB Co-Ordinator, Telford and Wrekin CCG

Thank you for providing feedback to TRAQS following your recent experience.

I am disappointed to hear that you feel that TRAQS prolonged your referral.

I would like to look into this further. If you would like to contact me on 01952 580367 I will be happy to take some details and investigate further to see what caused the delays for you.

Thank you again for your comments.

Response from The Princess Royal Hospital

I am really sorry to hear that there was confusion between the TRAQS service run by local GPs and our hospital services, but delighted to hear that the hospital appointment has been an excellent experience. There is clearly scope for improvement here.