"My thanks to a committed team"

About: Southend Hospital

At the end of last year I was in the Edmond Stone Ward at Southend University Hospital and I have to say that at all levels of treatment I received dedication and care from staff who treated me as an individual – a person – a fellow human being. Under difficult circumstances they went about their daily tasks with professionalism and good humour. I am indebted to them all as I am to the other medical staff from the radiographers that looked after me on my daily visits over six weeks to the consultants, specialists, anaesthetists, senior and junior nursing staff and even to the cleaning staff and porters who all played their part in ensuring the well-being of the patients in their care.

Response from Steve McEwen, Patient Experience Lead, Patient Liaison, Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Michael,

Many thanks for your fantastic feedback. I am really pleased that your experiences were so positive and it will be great for the staff to receive this and show what a good job they are doing. I will pass your comments to the teams involved to let them know of your thanks.

I hope that if you need to use our services in the future you have similar experiences but if you ever need help with anything then please let us know via our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS). They can be contacted via e-mail: pals@southend.nhs.uk or by phone on 01702 385333. Alternatively you can visit our office which is open Monday to Friday (except Bank Holidays) from 09.00 to 16.30. It is located on the First floor of the Prittlewell Building (Pink Zone) opposite the Spice of Life Restaruant.

Response from Southend Hospital

Many thanks for your kind words and we are pleased that you had such a positive experience. Your comments will be fed back to the staff involved and we would like to wish you well for the future.