"Visit to gynaecology"

About: Raigmore Hospital / Gynaecology

I have had gynae problems since I was a young teenager, eventually got an appointment with a gynaecologist only for her to ask me straight away if I have ever been check for STI's. Then the doctor pulled the cover from my stomach down to my knees and exposed me! I was then told there was nothing wrong with me.

Cut a long story short, there is something wrong with me they just don't know what to do ( they have told me this before ).

Now I am being told to think positive and the pain won't come back!

Response from Maimie Thompson, Head of Public Relations and Engagement, Chief Executive's Office, NHS Highland

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. I am not surprised that you feel very disappointed and let down. I am really sorry about this. I feel there are two matters we need to look into here. Finding out what is the wrong with you and why you are in pain. And how we made you feel when you had your appointment.

In order for me to do this I would need to look into this in a bit more deatil and wondered whether you would be happy for me to do this? If so could you please contact me with more details maimie.thompson@nhs.net or phone me 01463 704722. I appreciate that this is a sensitive matter but I would like to help get this right for you if I can.