"Staff were all very nice kind and caring."

About: Royal Lancaster Infirmary

On the 31st Jan 2013 I went into to have my gallbladder removed. I really feel I can not fault the care I was given on the female day surgery ward. The nurses were so very caring, just how I would expect nurses to be.

The only thing that I was unhappy with was the fact that before surgery we had to wait in an admissions lounge which was like a waiting room. I felt because I as nervous before surgery I would have been a lot more comfortable on a ward before hand.

I also piked up on the fact that there seemed to be a problem with beds in that they are lacking them. I feel for our local hospital this is sad.

However as I said before all staff I came in contact with were all very kind, I really couldn't have asked for better treatment. So thank you for your kindness, it really made all the difference.

Response from Royal Lancaster Infirmary

Many thanks for posting these comments. We will ensure that we pass them onto the department concerned to let them know you have taken the time and trouble to post these to this website. To be kept informed about the latest news from the hospital you can visit our website. If you are not already a member and would like to sign up please visit the following link: http://www.uhmb.nhs.uk/trust/how-to-become-a-member/