"Visit to a and e"

About: Horton General Hospital

I was advised to go to a and e after ringing 111 . I had been having chest pains but work away some of the week. When I got home my doctors surgery was closed so I had to ring 111. After checking in at the Horton I was called by the triage nurse only to be told I wasthe sort of person she disliked who wasted NHs time I must say the rest of the staff were very helpful and sorted me out. I do not make a habit of visiting hospital and do not think I deserved this treatment

Response from Horton General Hospital

Response from Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust We have made a change

Thank you for posting your comments about your recent visit to the accident and emergency department at the Horton General Hospital. We expect all our staff to be helpful and respectful and are sorry to hear about the comments of one member of staff. My name is Sue McNiven and I work with the division in which this service sits. I visited the department this morning and am reassured that the experience you describe is not typical. However, we would like to look into this further so that we can identify and resolve any failing that occurred on this occasion. Perhaps you would be kind enough to call me on 01295 229259 (I will happily call you back). Alternatively, you may wish to email me at sue.mcniven@ouh.nhs.uk. In the meantime, we hope you are progressing well and look forward to hearing from you.