"Minor operation to remove small, non-malignant skin cancer."

About: Sidmouth Hospital / Minor injury unit

I went to my small, local hospital where a dermatologist removed my cancer under local anaesthetic.

At all stages of the procedure I was told exactly what would happen. My choice as to whether I wanted the procedure done was sought and I was allowed plenty of time to make up my mind, (ie had I wanted to leave it until another day that was fine).

The dermatologist and his assistant were extremely helpful and I was entirely satisfied with the treatment I received.

One week later I had the stitches removed at my local GP surgery and the scar is healing very nicely.

Dear Patient

Firstly I would like to apologise for the delay in responding to your comments. I'm really pleased to see that you received good unhurried advice and care, and that you were able to have your treatment undertaken locally, and that you were so involved in your care and decision making.

I do hope you have since fully recovered, and once again apolgies for the lateness of my response.

Jayne