"Sports Injury Sat. 26th Jan"

About: Frenchay Hospital

I went to A and E at about 6.30pm.

I was treated with care and respect by all I met - receptionists, diagnostic nurse/doctor, x-ray technician and doctor. I was treated as an individual by all I met and an interest in my life style was shown by all staff.

They were equally good with other patients I observed in the waiting room.

They were brilliant and I don`t think the friendliness and helpfulness they each showed in abundance is something they can be taught - they were naturally well - suited to a caring profession. They looked as though they enjoyed their work!

Well - done for employing these good staff.

The Consultant I saw at the knee clinic was equally interested and helpful and kindly.

Thank you, Frenchay.

Response from Frenchay Hospital

Dear Pauline – I apologise for not being able to respond to your comments until now; unfortunately we were experiencing some technical problems.

Thank you for your very positive feedback about the care and treatment you received in A&E, and the knee clinic at Frenchay, from all the staff involved. A&E across the NHS has been under considerable scrutiny from the press over wait times and it is kind of you to share your positive experience of what is an effective service for the majority of patients and their carers. I have passed on your comments to the staff concerned.

Kind regards – Steve Sykes