"Wonderful Amulree Cente"

About: St Mary's Hospital (Portsmouth)

I was not looking forward to visiting the Amulree Centre, to hear the results of several tests I had taken, but I should not have worried. From the moment one enters, there is a cheery greeting from the receptionist, who takes your coat and pins on a pre-prepared name tag. Everything here runs smoothly and efficiently, like a well oiled machine. The staff are helpful, friendly and polite, and I could not have asked for more. The doctor gave me my diagnosis, which had taken several weeks to consider, but this is not surprising as mine is a condition called Guillain-Barre Syndrome, which affects only one in about 100,000 people. Everything about it was explained in explicit detail and I was furnished with a written reminder of all that had been discussed. With my consultation finished, I was handed a lovely cup of coffee, and when I was ready to leave, the receptionist called a cab to take me home. I can honestly say that I enjoyed my visit to the hospital.

Response from St Mary's Hospital

Thank you very much for your response. We will pass these comments onto the department involved in your care at the Amulree Centre.