"Diagnosis and treatment of rheumatoid arthritis"

About: Queen Elizabeth Hospital (Gateshead)

I was referred to the QE after a conversation with my GP.

My first consultation with the consultant and his team showed the skill,competence and capability of this well regarded department.

I received an immediate diagnosis for my condition and was prescribed medication to ensure that no time was lost in stabilising matters.

I was given a written brief about my condition and received encouragement from the consultant who said that I would be back to my old self within six months.

One month on and I have had a session with a Rheumatology nurse who gave me practical advice and two further sessions with both a Physiotherapist and Occupational therapist at Bensham.

It is a real pleasure to be able to compliment the QE and it's highly professional staff in delivering such an excellent service.

I am feeling so much better and my experience demonstrates that the NHS can and does deliver excellence to patients.

Congratulations and sincere thanks to all concerned.

Response from Queen Elizabeth Hospital

Many thanks for taking the trouble to pass on such detailed, positive feedback. This is always a pleasure to receive. We shall make sure these comments are passed on to the staff concerned.