"Best ever care on Ward d4"

About: Stepping Hill Hospital

In November 2012 I was on this ward for a knee replacement operation, having had the other knee done some 3 years earlier at Tameside. I was very scared. My previous experience had been dreadful - infection and callous nursing were just two of the negative aspects of my care there. Stepping Hill could not have been more different. From the moment I arrived on the intake ward (in tears) I was treated with kindness and consideration. Humanity. Throughout, the nursing was exceptional, from pre to post op and then on the ward. I had a complication and the nurses worked really hard to help me, going above and beyond at times. The operation is a complete success and the referral from the complication is working well. I cannot speak highly enough of this hospital..

Response from Stepping Hill Hospital

Thank you for your comments.

I sincerely apologise that these were not responded to in a timely manner.

This was due to lack of administrative support at the time which has now been rectified.

I would like to reassure you however that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate teams who were pleased to hear that you had a good experience at our hospital.

Patient and Customer Services Manager