"Will Someone Take Onboard Any Comment Left."

About: Castle Hill Hospital

My mother is on ward 9 having a back operation. We live in York and my sister in Middlesbrough. When speaking to ward sister there is a reluctance on their part to forward information about my mother on how she is doing or you get the standard "she,s doing fine. We want to visit my mother in hospital, however traveling from York and Middlesbrough is difficult when trying to meet the visiting times. I rung and asked if we could come at different times and the ward sistr was adamant. I believe that after care in a hospital for a patient is also about the patient receiving visits from family. My mother is in ward 9 for how long we don,t know and will not receive visitors because of the inflexability of ward 9 regime stopping a working family getting to their mother because it is a physical impossibility to get their.

I note that most reviews don't get answered. If you don't answer them why ask for comment?

Response from Castle Hill Hospital

Many thanks for placing your posting on theNHS Choices website about our General Surgey department. We are sorry to read of your recent experience and we will ensure that the staff concerned are made aware.We are sorry that you feel our visiting times are inflexible we do try to ensure a good balance between being able to provide care on the wards which requires some non visiting sessions. and easy access to friend s and relatives We are unable to answer specific concerns on this site however if you would like to discuss this matter further with us, please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service on 01482 623065 or email on pals@hey.nhs.uk

If you would like to become more involved in decisions about local healthcare, all local health Trusts are recruiting ‘members’. By becoming a member you can receive advice on keeping yourself and your family healthy, find out more about your local NHS and help us improve local services. You don’t need any special skills or experience to become a member, you just need an interest in local health services. There is no commitment, you can get involved as much or as little as you choose.

For more information please either email your.nhs@hey.nhs.uk

or telephone 01482 675165.

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your views on local services.