"Ward 2 is brilliant"

About: Castle Hill Hospital

I am in ward 2, a rehab ward at the moment, after losing a leg. All of the staff have been exceptional, working towards making me as independant as possible before I go home. The staff are friendly, caring and professional, a real credit to the hospital. My OT has been such a massive support to me, pushing me to believe that I can do things by myself. She has really helped me to progress so quickly. I am very surprised at what I have been able to do in such a short time. Thank you to everyone, I am very lucky to be in such a good hospital.

Response from Jackie Wileman, PALS Officer, Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Brenda,

Thank you for adding you comment to the Patient Opinion website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and we will ensure that the Matron and staff concerned are made aware of these.

If you would like to become more involved in decisions about local healthcare, we are recruiting members. By becoming a member you receive our quarterly newsletter, find out more about your local NHS and help us improve local services. You can also attend our ‘medicine for members’ sessions and respond to questionnaires. You don’t need any special skills or experience to become a member; you just need an interest in local health services. There is no commitment, you can get involved as much or as little as you choose.

For more information please either email your.nhs@hey.nhs.uk or telephone the Corporate Affairs office on (01482) 675165.

If you need to discuss our services further, please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service on (01482) 623065 or email on pals@hey.nhs.uk as we are always striving to improve our patients experience.

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your views on local NHS services.

Kind regards,

Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)

Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust.

Response from Castle Hill Hospital

Thank you for leaving your feedback on NHS Choices.