"Good service but was not informed about any delay"

About: South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Emergency ambulance

(as a staff member),

[The following are comments made by service users during 2012 to South Western Ambulance Service Foundation Trust (SWASFT) as part of a service review. SWASFT met with several patients attending a number of support groups and asked them to share their experiences with the Trust with a view to develop and improve the service. The information was supplied anonymously as part of group and individual conversations. We are very sorry that some patients and carers had a bad experience.]

Because the pain can’t be seen, and so appreciated, it is often misunderstood.

Good Service but was not informed about any delay in ambulance arriving – no one let us know.

They didn’t even give me a chance to explain myself. Next time I’d rather stay home.

Response from Sara Coburn, Patient Engagement Manager, Governance, South Western Ambulance Service Foundation Trust

South Western Ambulance Service Foundation Trust is very grateful to those who took the time to speak to us.

All feedback helps us improve the services we offer to our patients and their families