"appalling waiting time inbetween appointments"

About: Doncaster Royal Infirmary

Having waited seven weeks for my 2nd appointment they rang me the day before to cancel it. I wouldn't mind waiting if the physiotherapist had been adequately proficient but she really seemed completely ill informed and inept. Have requested a referral elsewhere.

Response from Doncaster and Bassetlaw Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

I am very sorry that your appointment was cancelled at short notice. This is not something that happens regularly and the usual reason would be illness of the Physiotherapist managing your care. To ensure continuity of treatment we always aim to ensure patients remain under the care of the same Physiotherapist. This is because previous feedback from patients is that they prefer to rearrange appointments in such situations.

I am very concerned to hear that you did not consider your physiotherapist was sufficiently well informed or able to assist you with your problem and I am sorry that you have felt it necessary to request a referral elsewhere. I welcome all feedback on our service and I would very much appreciate a discussion with you regarding your care so we can learn from your experience. My contact details are shown below. We would also be able to arrange an appointment with another Physiotherapist at either DRI or another of our hospital sites if this was agreeable to you.

My apologies again that on this occasion we did not meet the high standard of care we strive to provide.

Suzanne Bolam