"Children's a & e"

About: Watford General Hospital

As my little one was getting worse over the weekend I decided it was time for hospital. I thought I would try Watford rather than Barnet as you have to wait forever there. On arrival I was sent through to the childrens section which was quite busy but we got seen by the nurse within 20 minutes. We finally saw the doctor who diagnosed tonsillitis and who had the sense to prescribe antibiotics as my little one can never fight these infections without help. He was lovely and very thorough as we're the nurses who made sure they explained everything to you. Overall we were in and out within two and a half hours even though the screen said it was 3 hours. The nurse did say it was a particularly busy day! Would much rather go there than Barnett hospital.

Response from Watford General Hospital

Thank you for adding your kind words to our NHS Choices page. We're delighted to hear that you were so impressed with the professional service and caring nature of our Children's A&E team at Watford. Our staff are working hard to provide this personalised service to all of our patients, so they were delighted to receive your gratitude. All the very best to you both!